Tuesday, April 10, 2012

RIP Schwinn.

It's not quite dead, yet, but I'm taking it back home and putting it in the garage for awhile. I've been working on it everyday to get the brakes fixed so I took it for a ride with my friend last night and on the way home the rear tire jammed against the fender because the nuts weren't tight enough, even though you couldn't move them with a wrench anymore. The entire rear drivetrain is locked up now and I don't have the time to completely fix it so I'm taking it home and I'll work on it over the summer. Moral of the story, though, is check your bike before rides. If I had properly checked it I would've seen that and been able to fix it before the ride. Also, never go on a ride without emergency tools. I thought we'd just be riding around campus so I didn't bring mine but if I had I would've been able to at least take the wheel off so I could bring it back to campus in my friend's car. Both were beginner mistakes that are so easy to not do. Oh well, mistakes are a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment